Friday, May 14, 2010

Getting ready to get ready

May 14 ~ I thought it would be a great idea to have a place where my friends and family could follow along as we get ready to leave for Scotland and then later as we travel through the country of our people. So here I am....signed, sealed and delivered. A blogger or bloggette if there is a feminine term. Dude, dudette. Blog, bloggette.

Way back in February, when I booked the flight to Edinburgh, Scotland, June 1st seemed so far way. Now, it is 17 days and counting. Or, at least the way I count on the calendar. I don't count the day we head to LAX because that is an actual travel day. Just the thought of closing my suitcase and heading to LAX makes my stomach flip. But, I'm good with it.

Hotels and B&Bs, 5-day mini-tour, Edinburgh to Inverness (and back) train fare, rental car in Inverness, and round trip flight are all booked. The itinerary is all scheduled, except for about 4 days in Inverness. I like a little loosey-goosey time in there.

In fact, if it weren't for Grace coming along, I would not have booked much at all and just showed up. I like to travel on the wing, but with a young lady (who is traveling for the first time out of the good ol' U. S. of A.) in tow, it might be best to have some concrete frame work. Just for that certain peace of mind thing, ya know?

I love to travel on vacation. I dislike traveling for work, which I do frequently. Somewhere in my family history was a gypsy or nomad. My grandmother, Elizabeth Grace traveled from Scotland (where she was born) to Canada (where she met and married her first husband, who later in 1918 died in France during the influenza pandemic) to Australia (where she met my grandfather) to Wyoming (where my Dad was born) to Detroit to California. I suppose you could say she was the nomad. I must take after her.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your first comment!

    I hope your trip is the trip of the lifetime! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete